The Elder Scrolls Online is an upcoming massively multiplayer role-playing video game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, to be released in 2013. It is a part of the The Elder Scrolls video game franchise, of which it is the first open ended multiplayer installment. It was announced on May 3, 2012 in an exclusive reveal by Game Informer and formally revealed in the same month’s issue of the magazine.
The Elder Scrolls Online Wallpaper collection just like the game! The Elder Scrolls Online Wallpaper: The Elder Scrolls Online as with other games in The Elder Scrolls franchise, the game will be set in the fictional continent of Tamriel and feature a storyline not connected with the other games. The game will be set a millennium before the events of the previous game in the series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, with the Daedric Prince Molag Bal appearing as the main antagonist as he attempts to conquer all of Tamriel.
Most of the continent of Tamriel will be playable in the game (much of it will be locked off for expansion content), and players will have the opportunity to join any of the three factions warring over the throne of the Emperor of Tamriel: The Aldmeri Dominion, composed of Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit (represented by a bird of prey), the Daggerfall Covenant, composed of Bretons, Redguards and Orcs (represented by a lion) and the Ebonheart Pact, composed of Dunmer, Nords and Argonians (represented by a dragon). Players will not be able to explore outside of their faction’s territory however, necessitating players to make a character in each of the factions if they wish to see all of the new land in the game.
All The Elder Scrolls Online Wallpaper is in HD and original. The Elder Scrolls Online Wallpaper is designed for desktop PCs with 1920×1080 displays. Download The Elder Scrolls Online Wallpaper now!
The Elder Scrolls Online Wallpaper
The Elder Scrolls Online has been in development for 5 years prior to its announcement in May 2012. It is the first project for ZeniMax Online Studios, which was formed in 2007. Matt Firor, studio lead at Zenimax Online is also the director of The Elder Scrolls Online.
While rumors of a massively multiplayer Elder Scrolls game existed for years, accurate information about the game and its imminent May 2012 announcement was leaked in March 2012 to online publication Tom’s Guide by an anonymous industry source. According to the leak, the game was scheduled to be shown at E3 2012 in June (which it was) and Quakecon 2012 in August.
- The game is set in the Second Era, in the Interregnum.
- Cyrodiil is ravished by war, and the Imperials are not doing so well.
- The Tharn family has made a pact with the King of Worms, who has agreed to supplement the Imperial’s forces by resurrecting their soldiers.
- Secretly, Mannimarco is conspiring with Molag Bal, the Daedric Prince of Corruption and Domination, to take over Mundus.
- Molag Bal is harvesting souls of mortals, and the player is an adventurer whose soul has been taken, allowing them to constantly return to life.
- He’s also sent “Dark Anchors” into Tamriel, which drag Mundus into Coldharbour. The Fighters Guild have taken it upon themselves to remove them.
Three major groups have formed:
- The Aldmeri Dominion, consisting of Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajiit, control Alinor, Elsweyr, and Valenwood.
- The Daggerfall Covenant, consisting of Orcs, Bretons, and Redguards, control High Rock and Hammerfell.
- The Ebonheart Pact, consisting of Dunmer, Argonians, and Nords, control Skyrim, Morrowind, and Black Marsh.
- Time-travel will be featured in the game. In one example, the player puts on some old armor and is put in the owner’s role, participating in a battle of long ago.
- Undead werewolves will be featured in the game.
- A werewolf named Faolchu has amassed a werewolf army and has taken over Camlorn, High Rock.
- The Thieves Guild are in the game, as are the Dark Brotherhood
- The Fighters Guild and Mages Guild are in the game
- There will at some point be a battle for the Imperial City.
- The landscape of Cyrodiil is similar to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Akaviri Invasion: At some point prior to this game, there is an Akaviri Invasion, which sets up the alliances that are formed
- The Daggerfall Covenant: 50 years prior to the game, there is a war called King Rancer’s War, which players will get to experience.
- The Tribunal will be in the game
- There is a pretender trying to become part of the Tribunal
- Mundus Stones will be used to give characters special abilities.